Saturday, August 11, 2018

Monthly Mess of Goals

Talk about a month just flying by. So if you hadn’t read about June, check that out here and it’ll fill you in on how I decided to go with this type of posting. Even I had to check it back out to see what I had and see how I did.

For my June goals, the plan was (in short):
·         Read 2 book
·         Meal plan 2 weeks
·         Clean out winter clothes
·         Change my sheets every week
·         Get my laundry under control

Seems reasonable and doable, so looking back at my progress…
·         Read 1 ½ books, left a book I was reading at home when I had to go visit the parentals and this one wasn’t on my kindle. (go Figure)
·         I successfully planned out 1 week at a time and it was only lunches – to the peeps who can do all your meals for weeks on end, you are the real MVP because it’s hard, it’s tedious, and I don’t even like telling myself what to do and even less what to eat.
·         Full Success! – Gold star for me. It’s been well into the 90-100s weather wise in the good ol’ New Mexico area, literally going through a cold front right now and it brough the expected high down from 106 to  mid 90s.No risk of needing winter clothes. At. All
·         I can say that I, honestly, had this about 50% of the time. It’s still been really hectic and I feel that my house is still fairly imploded but we’re working on it.
·         Laundry is better controlled. It was just dirty laundry that was everywhere. And Now it’s clean laundry. Most of it is folded and just needing to be evaluated and put away. That part feels pretty good.

Now for July, I did have to make some adjustments. Got a new position and my morning commute to work has gone from 2-3 minutes (less than a mile) to 30 minutes (about 17-20 miles). Organization and time management are going to be key in this transition, I’m a little late getting this going as well so here it goes.

July
·         Read 2 books – and no my half one doesn’t count
·         Plan out my lunches and snacks weekly
·         Changing sheets every week


Coming out of July, we're making progress. 1 3/4 books not counting my half one but I'm almost done with it. Lunch and snacks are getting easier than dinner for sure. And fresh sheets are on point.

Thank you Google and your searching wisdom...


Since everything was kinda thrown there in June and July, we're going to throw in August to because here we are...like right now.

2 BOOKS IS HAPPENING
PLANNING LUNCHES, SNACKS, AND DINNER WEEKLY - HAPPENING
CHANGING SHEETS EVERY WEEK - MAKE THAT HABIT HAPPEN
MAKE IT TO THE GYM 3X A WEEK - MAKE IT A HABIT

No comments:

Post a Comment