Saturday, January 2, 2016

Tales of the Tank - External Batteries

First off, Happy New Year to you and yours. If you went out with your squad and were proud that you woke up on the 1st without a hangover, more power to you. I spent the night in with some awesome peeps and went to sleep and even better, didn't have to work on Friday. But if you did, sorry.

Anyway, so goes the never ending quest going through my purse which functions more like a tank. If you’ve read my other posts then you know the high regard I have for the tank. And so go the regard for the tips and trades that bring the essence of Mary Poppins to the modern world.

I mentioned in my Electronics Tale (Read: Here) about how I carry an external battery with me. Now in my mind, everyone knows about these, because they are literally everywhere. I have a few that come from Walmart, Rue 21, Office Depot, you name it. The point is that in this world of technology, ain’t nobody got time for a dead battery. 

This is my newest beauty from Amazon. Gotta love cyber Monday and all its discounted glory. It’s a bit bigger than I expected but that is what I get for not looking at the measurements. However, it does stand to reason because this particular beauty is at 10,000 mAh. Here’s the link on Amazon if you’re like me and add to wish lists as a form of window shopping.




The mAh stands for milli Ampere hour or milli Amp hour. Long story short, the bigger the number, the more juice it can hold for your charging pleasure. They really aren’t pricey if you look in the right place, but some can get up there. This beauty I got is about $14 on Amazon Prime but you could easily find some smaller ones around 1800-2200 mAhs at a drug store or other for about $10 and they've charged my old Iphone to about 70-80% and my Galaxy S5 to about 80% if I'm between 10-20% charge. 



With my smaller battery packs, there’s about 3 that I used to carry but of course this big one could easily replace those. Now will I throw these away? NO way. There is nothing wrong with being prepared. In preparation for Snowmageddon or winter storm Goliath, I had to make sure that I had enough battery power to last the weekend in case my power went out. And the smaller ones help out if I do have to carry one in my teeny pocket or a clutch.

Everyone knows that charging a tablet takes forever and a day and can literally suck the electrical juices out of a port, but these help ease that burden. Forgot to charge your phone last night before work and don’t want to be chained to an outlet??? Then seriously invest in one of these and they could change your life.


I won’t lie when I say that I’m hooked on my phone because I am. My calendars, contacts, unlimited text messages, social media. I’m all about it. And because of that, I tend to run my battery down pretty damn quick. I’ve got wall chargers at home and at work and a car charger in my vehicular, but what about times at a restaurant, or walking around a mall or outdoor event or roaming the strip in Las Vegas. The smaller ones don’t take up a lot of space but since I tend to have a tank on my person, having this big one with a lot more power and a dual hub, I’m gonna be covered for a bit from all angles. (And they make great non-lame gifts for guys and girls.)






Like this? Check my page out on Bloglovin
http://bit.ly/MyBloglovinPg

Or check the side bar for my social media --->>>>

No comments:

Post a Comment