Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Operation Ducks in a Row

There is something I want to get off my chest. I don’t think I’m the only one who feels this way but I gotta let it out. As an avid shopper of clothes, I can’t say that I suffer from a shopping problem because let’s be honest, I highly enjoy it. But, sadly there always has to be a but, I finally see that I have a slight problem as I have run out of space for them.

"I like my money right where I can see it.....hanging in my closet." - Carrie Bradshaw

Now I know that laundry day is never just a day and it never ends, but have you ever that those days where you get the majority of it done and the tiny closet is full? Turn around and the drawers are full? The scarf rack is always full and the dreaded chair is a Tower of Pisa. I’m seeing that more and more often and it makes me uneasy. Carrie Bradshaw can’t help but wonder, does this make me a fashion horder or just a hot mess?

It’s obvious to say that trends are constantly changing but sometimes we have to think a little deeper than that. I’ve been going through my closet and trying to sort and organize. What I have found are clothes that I wore in high school. Some still fit and I still wear and then there are some that I don’t wear as much. There are some that I had in college for just about every situation. Being in the music and theatre department, I had recital attire, audition attire, going-to-the-club attire complete with accessories and shoes. Then job attire. Now on campus, I didn’t have to wear slacks everyday but I always felt that I should dress a little nicer than just a t-shirt.

Don’t get me wrong, there were a few days where I couldn’t handle the world and I would wear a campus t-shirt or even one of my high school band shirts. But there was always a balance, because I would semi dress it up with accessories and better makeup; a trick I learned in high school because I didn’t have access to online shopping and buying clothes in my hometown was leaving my hometown and driving a couple hours away. I did what I could, and whatever clothes I had, I took care of and held to like a kid with his blanky.

That’s my problem now. I’ve been so used to metaphorically and slightly literally clutching my clothes and am always so excited when I have more that now..... my ‘clutter’ is now just an outright mess. If you’ve been to my Pinterest boards, you will see my pins for organizing and ideas for putting different outfits together, etc etc. I can now go back and actually read up and start applying because what’s going on right here is not ok.  I can admit that I am a messy person and people who have known me in my life can attest to that. It’s gradually gotten better over time, you know slowly but surely. I’m an organized chaos kind of girl but even I know that what is happening now is just a hot mess.


So I write before you and I plan on giving some updates over time to see what works and what doesn’t. I don’t let go of things, especially things I love, so it’s not gonna be easy but it needs to be done. So it begins, Operation Ducks in a Row.





Follow me on Instagram - http://bit.ly/MyIgJazz

AND

Follow me on Bloglovin - http://bit.ly/MyBloglovinPg

No comments:

Post a Comment