Sunday, December 17, 2017

Secret Santa Gift Guide

Whether it's a familia decisions since life is more and more expensive or work life has everyone in the office filling out a form about likes and dislikes. Secret Santas are awesome. I love me some Christmas and I enjoy gift giving even if all I can afford is a candy bar.

So some peeps have one day to give a Secret Santa gift. I know for many families it's just the Christmas day or celebration, but I love the situation I have at work. We usually do 4 or 5 days or what ever days lead up to our Christmas party dinner.

Day 1. Drink
Day 2. Candy
Day 3. Random thing (if we don't have our party)
Day 4. Actual gift at the party

Typical Secret Santa rules are:
* of course, no sharing of giftee - takes the fun out of it
* no need to be extravagant - there's usually a price limit decided for the final gift.
* have fun with it

I understand that not everyone does Christmas.... whether its for different religions or preference, etc. This season regardless of the technicalities is about good intentions. We should be kind throughout the year but think about it. It's the end of the year and the end of everything that the year has thrown at us.

I like to do a little extra when I can at work to let my Secret Santa know that there's at least one person who sees them as a person and not just a coworker. When you work full time, you end up spending more time at work than at home or with others, so it helps when you get along and why not say hey, you're a cool peep and I appreciate you. Sounds corny but I mean it.

SO for actual gifts, most work circles revolve around $20 which gives you plenty of stuff to work with whether the giftee is male or female. Now I don't mind gift cards but they're too easy. I understand having someone who is hell to buy for. I'm looking the guys in my life, dad, brother and my wonderful but difficult boyfriend. I have an old post on some gifts if you wanna check those out but here's some ideas in general via my love for Amazon under $20. (but it's sooooo not sponsored because duh)

Can you say practical!?!? 

Phone Selfie Ringlight por favor

Even a few for sharing

Who doesn't need hydration in a glass bottle??? 
Samsung specific sorry Apple peeps


I've be an Amazon Prime member for a long time and have no problems going page after page into the depths of the lists of stuff because that two day shipping pays for itself throughout the year.

What do you usually look for for your Secret Santas?





In the mean time, check out some of my other posts....

Office Decor Must Haves - http://bit.ly/OfficeDe

This or That Tag - http://bit.ly/ThisorThat17

The Blues of My Life - http://bit.ly/2wnrtRc





No comments:

Post a Comment