Monday, August 1, 2016

Don't July, These Are Awesome - Monthly Favorites

Another month has come and gone and summer is in full swing. Time to do another set of faves that got me through this month. There's still been a lot of trial and error this month as well because this heat has been Heeeeeelllllllla Hot. (and yes it requires that spread of e's, l's, and the a...just sayin)

Makeup - Benefit Matte Rescue Invisible Finish Mattifying Gel and CoverGirl Ready Set Gorgeous oil free foundation. This heat has just done wonders for my oil so I've tried this combo out and so far, it's progress. Not quite the whole day but there's not much that lasts the whole day, let's be honest. I've used the original Benefit Porefessional and it's nice but a little thicker that I want for summer so I bought a mini Porefessional Matte Rescue. Best part is that it's a water based gel that has been working wonders on keeping my new foundation on my face without feeling thick, especially when it gets hot which here starts at about 8 am. I've really been loving a lot of the Benefit brand, if it wasn't for the amazingness that is the RollerLash and Birchbox, I don't know where I'd be. Sample sizes or deluxe sizes are a total lifesaver when it comes to the designer brands. I don't want to waste money on products that will not work on my oily AF skin or freak out my sensitive skin.

As for the foundation....normally, I'm not a fan of Cover Girl. Nothing against the brand, I just haven't had a lot of good experiences with the products. But after Father's Day, I found that my trustee Maybelline foundation was a shade or so light but the drugstore was out of the next shade as per usual. I honestly can say that I was pleasantly surprised when I got some decent coverage and it matched me really well without feeling thick and cakey. Combine that with the Matte Rescue and in the words of Beyonce and Nicki, I'm feelin' myself.



TV - Grace and Frankie - It's not on Tv per se but the Netflix has been good to me. There's still a few shows that I need to catch up on, like Orange is the New Black, but I need some more uplfiting triumphant and I found that I am always smiling with this show. Granted towards the ending there was some hardcore emotional thought provoking scenes and issues, but the season finale had me laughing so hard my stomach hurt.


Books - Adult Coloring Books - This nice trend shouldn't even be just a trend because the end result is happy. Bought a couple and was given a couple and yet, I'm still on the hunt for the coloring book or pretty images mixed in with curse words. There's been a lot going on in my life that I don't have control over and I feel like my cheese is sliding off my cracker....so to calm me down and not work on anything crucial, I've been coloring and it's wonderful. But if I can find the coloring cussing book THAT will be the ultimate win, but until then, these will still make me happy every time.




Tech - Pokemon Go - Yes. It may be all over the world but it's one of the best things that makes me feel like my country, the world, life in general isn't going to blow up into an atomic cloud. Instead I'll pack up my bag with the essentials that I wrote about, here, and go out in my community and catch Pokemon. I'm going out and finding out there's people who are my age, older and younger as well who are finding the joy in another world that is attempting to mesh with our own in a positive way. So if you are an original Pokemaniac or someone who is new and wanting to taste a bit of the world that some of us love so much, then do it.



These were my favorites for July, August is going to be crazy so we'll see how it goes. In the mean time check out some of my other posts and follow a girl on Bloglovin. I'm really trying to get my follows up on there.


My Bloglovin pg - http://bit.ly/MyBloglovinPg



My most recent Tale of the Tank - http://bit.ly/TOTT50Cal

My new hair habit - http://bit.ly/HairPinz

Lancome Juicy Shaker - http://bit.ly/JJuicy

No comments:

Post a Comment