Sunday, August 28, 2016

How Much Is My Face Worth? - tag


I saw this tag from Katie over at Lipsticks and Mascaras and told her that I so had to do it. It makes me think of the Carrie Bradshaw quote that says that " I like my investments where I can see them...in my closet." Or something to that effect because yes, I love my clothes and my shoes but I've also loved makeup. I've waited and not waited and promptly got myself in trouble a couple times for wearing the contraband of makeup outside of dance recitals before I was 15. Now, that's not a problem as the selections are basically endless. I'm still switching things in and out but these are the ones that I'm using constantly if not everyday. So here we go...

Face
Smashbox Oil Free Primer - $36
Benefit All Matte - $12 - travel size not full size
Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous Oil Free Foundation - $7
Cargo Blush - $10 in my Birchbox
Naked Flushed Pallet - $26
Laura Gellar Highlighter - $10 in my Birchbox

Total - $101




Eyes
Benefit Stay Don't Stray - $26
Sephora Fine Line Felt Tip Liner - $14
Avon Glimmersticks Eye Liner - $4-8 depending on the sale
Benefit Rollerlash - $23 (this mascara changed my world here)
Maybelline Great Lash in Royal Blue - $4
Benefit Gimme Brow - $10 in my Birchbox
Marc Jacobs Eyeliner - Birthday Gift Sampler from Sephora

Total - $81



Lips
Lancome Juicy Shaker - $21 (Read up on this cocktail of awesomeness)
PBJ Smoothie Stick - $10 in my Birchbox
Suavecita Lip Balm - $2.99
Sephora Lippie Egg - ..$8-ish (can't quite remember honestly)

Total 32.99



Grand Total = $214.99

To be perfectly honest, I don't know how I feel about this. It feels like a lot but then it doesn't. I don't have perfect skin and I'm needing to find a lawyer to negotiate the oil rights to my face, so I've tried many a face product and have been continuing to do so hence the number from my Birchbox. I've only been able to really try things in the higher market in the recent years because I've never felt that my makeup has been a mask. It's the stained glass on my windows so that when the light shines on me, people see me and they see what I can do and what makes me feel good and I shine just a bit brighter.

So I'd have to agree with Carrie on this, I like a good portion of my investments where I can see them, on me.

It's all about the 3B's. So I tag anyone reading to find out how much their face is worth.




Follow me on Bloglovin - http://bit.ly/MyBloglovinPg

Check out some of my other posts

July Monthly Favorites - http://bit.ly/DJuly16Faves
My Undercut of Epicness - http://bit.ly/HairPinz
Pokemon Nerd Times - http://bit.ly/10PokeWalk

No comments:

Post a Comment