Monday, February 9, 2015

Signature Style

Call me typical, call it dumb, call it whatever. I don't care. I love reading me some Cosmopolitan. In this recent issue, there was one article that really struck a chord with me and it was about signatures.

Everyone has their own style. It's great to go and experiment with different things, clothes, makeup, etc. We've all seen the pictures over years of all our "phases" in life, but there's always something you go back to. Something that signifies you to yourself and everyone knows that "IT" is your thing.
For Miranda Priestly in The Devil Wears Prada, it was her Hermes scarves. For my grandma, its White Diamonds perfume. And for myself, my sister, my aunt/second mama, and my mama, it's the Maybelline Great Lash mascara in Royal Blue and a winged liner.

It's our thing. We'll mix it up but every time someone notices on me, the look on their faces is priceless. They always expect some super high end makeup when in all actuality its about $4-5 at Walgreens or Wal-Mart. I would buy it in bulk if I could. Now it may not be waterproof but it is thorough. It's standard, simple packaging with a standard, simple applicator. It's my rock of makeup and has my heart forever and a day.





































Everyone needs their staple. We have fashion and makeup as a symbol of our individuality and creativity. The late Oscar De La Renta said, "Fashion is about dressing according to what's fashionable. Style is more about being yourself." We spend so much time trying this and that and keeping up with the new trends that it's nice coming back to something you know that works. It's easy that you can always come back to. It's comfortable and just makes you feel good. So find that signature and work it.

No comments:

Post a Comment