Sunday, October 25, 2015

Operation Ducks in a Row - Stop Complaining.

I had a great conversation with a friend of mine a while back. It had been quite a while since we had some wine and chat. She’s the Carrie to my Samantha. Lots of good views and some opposing but the biggest one we came out of was about how much we, as people in general, complain. We complain about our size, about losing weight, about gaining weight, about work and just life in a ton of aspects.

The fact is that bad habits take forever to die. Good habits are essentially the devil when it comes to setting up. A characteristic of my generation is that we are lazy, and in a lot of instances, entitled. A lot of times those are true. I won’t lie and say I’m not because I am pretty dang lazy and a bit spoiled. But I’m working on it. But in order to do that, must handle the problem of lazy habits.

Aside from all the negativity that complaining brings about, it’s still just talk. And if that is one guaranteed thing, we talk. Everyone can talk and a lot can talk the talk. But without the walk, it’s nothing. It means nothing except that your complaining is just whining which gets annoying very quickly. Haven’t you had those moments where even you get on your own nerves because I sooo have and it’s not cute nor is it productive.

I decided to take this into Operation Ducks in a Row. My mom always said that actions speak louder than words. But like any kid to their parent, everything sounds different either when someone else says it or if you figure it out by yourself. Actions mean more than vocal promises, just look at New Year’s resolutions. But when you are deciding on life changes, then you actually have to do something about it. If you want to complain about your current size, then what are you going to do about it? If you are complaining about work, then what actions will you take to change it?

It was a great discussion that night that had me thinking back to a lot of the things I complain about. 
My biggest issues at hand, I believe, are my house, work, and some adjustments I want to make to my physical figure. So from this conversation, I’ve started making mental lists and action plans about how to go from where I am now to where I want to go. For example, on the housing front, that means actually doing research to see what other housing options there are or whether it’s best to stay where I am. Effort is kind of a must and some days it’s harder to pull out than others but honestly, if I can put half as much effort into resolving my issues as I do in complaining about the multiple reasons nothing works, then what is the point??

The bottom line that we agreed on that night is that if you aren’t going to change anything then stop complaining about it. Not saying that it’s become a mission to point that out to everyone who’s complaining but if it can get the thought process going, then maybe it’s time to put in a little tough love to ourselves and to those around us not because we’re bullies or trying to offend anyone, but to get the mental gears turning and do it. Like my wonderful voice professor always said, there is no try only do. Try is a state of mind and a terribly excuse while doing is an action. Doing will initiate progress and knowledge and eventually the goal will be reached.



Read on to see my other ducks that are coming in line...
Store Cards
Savings
Downsizing

Follow me on Instagram - http://bit.ly/MyIgJazz

AND

Follow me on Bloglovin - http://bit.ly/MyBloglovinPg

No comments:

Post a Comment