Wednesday, January 20, 2016

5 Things You Need If You’re Running Late

I know I’ve had my fair share of late mornings for various reasons including my own procrastination of the inevitable, so I’ve just about perfected my routine for such a morning. When running short on time, logic is your friend. I’ve been lucky enough to have some go to outfits for work or something planned either the night before or if I’m not particularly feeling it, then it’s best to stick to some basics.




1.     Coffee – it’s bad enough to wake up late or get out of the shower later than intended, so it’s better for the sake of everyone involved that if anything, you need your dose of caffeine. If your coffee pot has an auto start setting, then you’re ahead of the game. I have a Keurig, and it’s my life. I turn it on first thing in the morning and it stays on for an hour, just flip the switch, grab my k cup and a travel cup with a lid. Prefill my creamer and Truvia and let it set while I go wash up. Now I just have to get ready and make my coffee before it turns off

2.       Makeup – With my job, I normally have to be there about a half hour before opening. Why? I’m not sure because it literally takes me about 5-ish minutes to get set up for the day. So I have some travel makeup in my tank, aka my purse. I wrote about it some time back, so read ya some here about what I have in it. If I have a few minutes, I may start my makeup at home but I have no problem nor shame putting it on at work

3.       Perfume or Body spray – For days like this, I feel that when you smell good thought is put into your appearance regardless of how long it took you to get dressed. Also for this reason, I absolutely love travel size perfumes, thank you Birchbox, and sprays from Bath and Body Works. They fit in your purse, your desk, the console of your car or glove compartment. There is no excuse to not smell good.
 
4.       Scarf or staple accessory – On late days, when I don’t know what to wear or can’t decide, there’s a switch in my head to go with the basics like I mentioned at the beginning. For me this includes: some black slacks and a black blouse. To break up all the black, that’s when I grab for a vibrant scarf. I’m a total scarf addict and I feel like it’s easier to pick an accessory that’s dramatic and makes me smile in any weather when I just have to go by color(s). For me it’s a scarf, for someone else, it could be a statement necklace, whatever you have as a go to, go for it in less than 2 minutes.

5.       Bobby Pins – any girl knows that life isn’t complete without bobby pins. Pinterest gave me the best hack for carrying bobby pins in an empty pill bottle. There could be a few or a lot but it beats trying to find the 3 that you had in your hair last night because they tend to disappear like socks in the dryer.

So what you’ll do is:
·         start the coffee
·         go wash up (washing your face and brushing your teeth) get dressed and brush your hair
·         If time permits and if you can put foundation on in less than five minutes, put on your base
·         Make sure that your emergency makeup bag, perfume/spray, and bobby pins are in your purse
·         Grab a scarf and throw it over your head as you grab your already made coffee and you’re ready to run out the door.

This way if your make it to work even a few minutes early, just go straight to the bathroom and finish the makeup and pin your hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment