Sunday, July 3, 2016

Hey June - Monthly Favorites

It's that time of the month already and part of me is excited and another part of me is so not ready. Im sure it's been said, but holy shiz on toast, where in the world has this year gone?! I was so excited to do my May favorites and have been planning on future en devours when I looked at the calendar and had to check two other electronic calendars to say, woah!

Moving On, I've gotten together a few things over the month which have been working just swimmingly.

Makeup - Sephora Fine Line Felt Tip Eyeliner



Now if you've seen me write it once, you've seen me write it a thousand times and if you know me, it's a million more times...I'm oily. There are countries planning on invading my face because damn. And sadly my eyelids are no exception. This eyeliner may not stay allllllllll day without a primer but it generally lasts me a work day before transferring or smearing or disappearing and this is waterproof enough. 

Book - The Charley Davidson Series by Darynda Jones - Dirt on the 9th Grave and The Curse of the 10th Grave



I've got a lot of New Mexico pride and this series is no different because I will continue to tell everyone and their dog about it. My amazing AF friend, Kim, turned me onto this series about a supernatural P.I. who shares the same love for coffee and sarcasm and I do. I don't want to ruin it but if you like some mystery, some supernatural, a lotta wittiness and some lovely steamy scenes, then give it a go. The first one is the 1st Grave on the Right. Darynda Jones in a New Mexico writer so if you've ever been to Albuquerque, you may recognize quite a few places.

Technology - Two Dots



This app was an impulse download I'll admit but wow. It's almost like a mix of candy crush and bejeweled. the puzzles get harder and its a bit addicting but what saves me is the limited lives. So when I get super into it and run out of lives, I don't have to buy them or bug the living crap out of people on social media to send me one, it just takes time. So I have to rejoin the real world after a while but it's enjoyable. There's options for free little extras every now and then and of course the actual in-ap purchasing options, BUT if you use the Google rewards that I mentioned in last month's faves, you don't have to use your own money.

Bathroom - Facial Cleanser



I know that skin care has been around for a while and with summer here, routines are changing up and everyone and their dog's gerbil has a Clarisonic spinny brush type thing. Well I don't know about you, but I wish I had that kind of money to spend on one. With my skin being sensitive on top of being oily AF, I get a bit nervous when trying new products for skin care so I couldn't and still can't quite afford the name brand so I found this little thing at Big Lots for about $8. In my mind, I still keep thinking that you get what you pay for however comma, the brush is actually decent and it feels pretty freakin' good. It has two speeds but there isn't much of a difference between them but overall it's a good feeling for a facial massage. I have just been using my regular cleansers but careful enough not to use the brush everyday because yea, don't want to risk that going bad when it feels so good.

Movie - The Intern



I thought about this section because I could easily put on Orange is the New Black or Grace and Frankie from Netflix but I haven't finished them and couldn't in good faith put them down as favorites when this movie has been on a lot in the last month and I HAVE TO WATCH IT EVERY TIME!!! It's a simple movie with a simple plot but I enjoy Anne Hathaway and Robert DeNiro, can you say no to a classic? It's great seeing a movie with a awesome female lead getting some great insight from someone wise and awesome who's had the life experiences on screen and life. Also the music reminds me of The Holiday, which is one of my all time Favorite feel good movies like I've mentioned here, and it makes sense since the director, Nancy Meyers, made it so I have a feeling that The Intern is quickly making it's way up to fave of life status.


What were your favorites of the month?






Had you read my last post?
Getting Fancy With the Juicy Shaker
Do you follow me on Bloglovin?
http://bit.ly/MyBloglovinPg

No comments:

Post a Comment