Thursday, March 22, 2018

6 Tips When Your An Incubus of Viral Plague

First off, major kudos to you if you caught the reference in the title. But in case you haven't heard or experienced there's two strains of the flu going around among other annoying infections of the sort. As I'm writing, I've called into work because my compromised immune system is now battling an actual disease. Thankfully, don't think it's the flu, but I won't go into the gross details but I figured, since we're here. Let's make it not gloomy and depressing as possible.

I know this is easier said than done. 

So here's some nice pick me ups that have worked for me and that I even need to work on to get through this round of viral plague.



1. Soup - first and foremost you need something in your system to help it along and if you can't keep it down at least it's there to keep you from dry heaving. I don't care what anyone says, dry heaving when you have nothing to vomit is the worst bodily experience. So if you don't have a recipe or roommates or someone to make you any, always keep a few in the pantry.

2. Water - room temp is the best - I'll admit that I'm bad at this normally but I'm trying to pick it up today while I'm constantly losing moisture. Don't go ham because it's heavy and it'll definitely revolt but keep sipping.

3. Tea - now if you've read back a ways to my remedies - there's no tea shortage at my house. Chamomile is my go-to but I'm currently babying a lemon ginger tea. It's definitely different but it's hopefully doing it's thing.

4. Feel good movies - When I'm sick, I tend to abandon my strong independent senses and become a whiny mess. I hate sitting in miserable silence so on goes the movies. Personal favorites: The Holiday, Phat Girlz, and Disney movies of course...right now of course it the live action Beauty and the Beast on the Netflix. Because who doesn't need the Beast singing in their life? I can't tell you how many times I've listened to Evermore. (also if you need a good cry during said movies, just let it out)

5. Rest - I'm terrible about napping but it's really not good to be stuck on the phone all day or in this case on the computer and it's definitely something to work on because let me tell you I. AM. DRAINED.

6. Pj's - Being sick is already uncomfortable and you aren't going anywhere. So whether it's your old college sweats and a t-shirt or some actual pj's do what feels right and add some fuzzy socks to the feet that you've already lathered some Vicks on.

What I forget, still, is to listen to my body and I'm sure others do the same. I've already felt guilty this past weekend because I didn't do much of anything. But my body has. So in the name of the better you this year (yes I'm also kinda saying this to myself), let your body heal! I've already made a deal so that if my symptoms don't get better I'll call the Dr asap. ***update - I went to the doctor and definitely not the flu, bad stomach bug***


How are you feeling? What do you do when you're sick?



Need a little something something else to read?

Best of 2017 - http://bit.ly/17BestYa
Blue Mascaras - http://bit.ly/2wnrtRc
Bra Talk - http://bit.ly/2ezvzOM

(Lol I promise - I didn't plan on all of those starting with a B)

2 comments:

  1. Your eyes are gazing like cat but it looks hot too. Hi Let me tell you about me lil bit i am walder smith working bellsouth customer service team in the USA as technical consultant. Your blog is amazing and my wife is also following on this platform so keep it up and you doing great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking for Printer in Error State Windows 10 solution,
    then you need to have a look at our detailed techniques for how to fix printer in an error state windows 10.

    ReplyDelete