Sunday, February 7, 2016

This Girl's New Best Lash Friend

If you read my post on 10 Products Every Grown Woman Needs, then consider this a follow up slash extension. I wrote briefly on one product that is my overall go to, mascara. But I didn’t quite elaborate enough on the why and what I use, so here we are.

Now I have a fairly decent amount of lashes and they are a good length as well, thank you Dad. If I could wear only one makeup product, it would be mascara. Now granted I hated it as a kid who was dipped in makeup for dance recitals, but alas I was young and knew not the amazingness that lies in the power of eyes.

I don’t consider myself a beauty guru by far but I’ve tried a lot of products to get what I’m looking for and I know what works for me and my issues. And for mascara they are:

1.       Is it waterproof like my Voluminous mascara from L'Oreal?
2.       Does it do a better job than my favorite Maybelline Great Lash Mascara in Royal Blue?



So my thing is that my skin is not just oily but it also gets to my eyelashes in some ways. Like I mentioned, my lashes are decently long on top and bottom. If I’m wearing a black mascara, more often than not it absolutely has to be waterproof because somehow, if it’s not, then it’s instant rabid raccoon eyes. I’ve been wearing the Royal Blue Great Lash since I was allowed to wear makeup and never had that issue. Is it the formula? Who knows, but my blue lashes have been a signature of the women of my family for a while.

My second go-to is the L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara. A great friend of mine turned me to it in high school and I’ve never looked back. Besides the fact that the formula that can’t come off without an act of Congress, I love the separation it gives my eye lashes. Call it my Hispanic culture, but no one has time for clumpyness. So yes, I have been that stereotypical chick separating her eye lashes with straight pins, pencil lead, etc. Never have to do that with Voluminous mascara.

With these, I’ve never really had a want to dabble into other brands. I’ve tried a couple drug store brands but not so much on the higher end other than samples from Sephora or Birchbox, that is until now. I can say that I am so hooked on Benefit’s Roller Lash. A couple YouTube peoples I follow have talked about it and I understand that you basically either love it or hate it. I love it! I love it! And did I mention that I absolutely LOVE IT!



Now this is only a mini version that I got at Ulta for maybe ten bucks, I had a coupon and redeemable points so I couldn’t tell you exactly how much it was. But because I didn’t know if I would love it or hate it, I just said to be safe and get the mini and I’ll probably be getting the full size very soon and add it to my go to’s, especially if I'm running late, then it goes here.




I can only describe it as a great mesh between my staple mascaras, because my Maybelline formula lets me wear a cool color mascara without the black eyes later in the day or in the morning. As far as I can tell, the Roller Lash is not waterproof but it does have some epic staying power even for my oily issues. The brush isn’t as ‘brushy’, best I can come up with, like the voluminous but the lift and separating power is phenomenal!

So if you are on the fence about finding your go to mascara, give the mini Roller Lash a try from Ulta and that way, you can try it guiltlessly and if it works, come to the lashy side. I’m sure we’ll have cookies.


Read up on previous posts

Tales of the Tank - External Batteries

No comments:

Post a Comment